An evening with the experts on how we are using basic research and an internationally diverse set of scientists to answer our most fundamental questions about the universe, and how this effort directly benefits humankind.
The event will feature short presentations on Particle Physics, International Collaboration and the Impact of Future Research, followed by an open panel discussion on current and future possibilities in each area, and an online mixer with a chance for you to talk one-on-one with the experts.
- 19:00 – Introduction
- 19:10 – Shining a light on dark matter (Caterina Doglioni, Physicist, Lund University, ATLAS Experiment)
- 19:30 – TBD (Kate Shaw, Physicist, University of Sussex, ATLAS Experiment)
- 19:50 – Particle physics for the future (Jon Butterworth, Physicist, University College London, ATLAS Experiment)
- 20:10 – Q&A and panel discussion
- 21:00 – Virtual cocktails with the experts
Hosted by Marzena Lapka, CERN Knowledge Transfer, and Steven Goldfarb, Physicist, University of Melbourne, ATLAS Experiment
Link to the event: https://universalscience.web.cern.ch/